Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Festival of the Sails Pictorial - kinda sorta.

I very rarely leave home without my camera tucked firmly in my handbag - because yeah, that's what everybody does these days. And hey...I can do handbag overload just as good as the next person - 'cause I'm good at that kinda thing. You know, keeping up with latest trends and stuff.

What I'm not real good at (and forrrrrgive me for not being perfect!) is remembering that I've got it and that I have to actually whip it out now and then and use it. So when all the cool-kids are passing their cameras around amongst each other, showing off their booty of pictures - smiling, grimacing, pointing fingers and laughing at the fantastic shots they've just taken - I'm sitting there thinking "Oh crap - I forgot!" and asking everyone to email me the really good ones!

So yeah, on Good Friday, when Maudie and I decided that we'd head off to Suttons Beach for a day of girly-goodness and frivolity at the Festival of the Sails, to watch the start of the Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race and soak our senses in the carnival atmosphere - it was no different.

While I was busy being all girly-like excited (oooooooooing & ahhhhhhing...jumping up and down, pointing well manicured fingernails and chuckling - I don't giggle)....and getting caught up in the moments of fun-fun-fun, my camera sat ignored in the darkness of my handbag.

It's all cool though, 'cause I remembered just before the day was over and took some pics anyway - it just takes a little imagination to bring it to life.

Suttons Beach where the big boat race started.

That little white speck on the horizon near the left hand side is one of the boats! Not long before this shot the ocean was bubbling with colour from all the sails.

The Easter Bunny sky jumped here.

I may have missed getting a pic of him arriving but got a cool shot of a seagul in full flight and some bloke having a drink.

There were Camel rides....

....and kazillions of really interesting stalls

Coffee dribble on my top....
....where I missed my mouth!

Swanee rocked our socks off on this stage!


"Lady, what's your name??"....*happy sigh*

Amazingly colourful Kite flying display

Maudie showing her versitiliy at being able to make "do" with a paper bag for a camera shot.

Really really crowded pathways - 10,20,30 ....4000 people thick!

OK....I didn't really trooly miss Swanee....

....and I didn't miss out on having a great time!
Thanks Maude! Let's do it again next year - but you do the pictures ok??

6 Comments:

Blogger Mean Maude said...

Well as they say "better late then never"

You were just so lucky swanee ran up to you and aked for a photo with you *wink wink*

What a fun day great to see ppl getting drunk and acting like they have no focus and I mean no focus (one fella would have been lucky to see 2 foot in front og him)Mr Air Guitar LOL.

An awesome day I enjoyed every minute of it and you could prolly tell by the final pic :oD

Hugssssss Maude :oD

Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Miz P said...

Pssst....I think Mr Air Guitar's fine performance mighta had somthing to do with them "funny cigarettes" he was smoking. lol

Friday, April 21, 2006 8:22:00 PM  
Blogger Candy Froggie said...

I wanna join next time!!!
i'll bring my cam', no probbie :P

thanx for the pics! hehe i loooooooooooooooove them (specially the almost flying bag)

oh and the one with the 2 of ewws!!! haaaaaa (waving madly @you both)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:06:00 AM  
Blogger Miz P said...

*waving madly back*!!!!

You're coming to the next one??? Weeeeehooooo....look out festival...the goils are coming!!! :-)*^*^~*^**

Friday, April 28, 2006 4:51:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

You said:
'remembering that I've got it and that I have to actually whip it out now and then and use it.'

Ah yes, my thoughts exactly ...

Sunday, April 30, 2006 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger Miz P said...

Ohhhh....you forget to take your camera out of the bag too Jack?? ;-Þ

*swat*....because I *noeee* that's not what you meant! You're such a boy! hehe

Sunday, April 30, 2006 12:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home