Thursday, February 09, 2006

RU486

If the Bill to have the decision on the use of RU486 as an abortion drug in Australia isn't handed over to the Therapeutic Goods Administration (the body that controls all other pharmaceutical drugs in Australia), I will never vote in this country again.

Does anyone else in Australia not think it's odd that our Health Minister, Tony Abbott, was given the final word as to whether this drug should be allowed to be used in Aus as an abortion option - when the control of every other drug is handled by the TGA? Is it only me that smells a rat here?

RU486 is already available in Australia - it's in use for the treatment of various cancers. Tony Abbott didn't have the power to veto it for those purposes. Why not?

Whether RU486 is given the green light for abortion or not should not be a political decision - abortion is already legal in Australia. Medical experts, not a Politician should decide the fate of this drug. The decision on whether it is a safe drug or not should, without question, be given to the TGA so that it can be properly assessed in a non-emotional, non-political and non-religious way.

The decision should not be in the hands of a man working with an hidden agenda. The decision to give the Health Minister the power to veto RU486 is the result of a bargain made back in 1996 with independent senator Brian Harradine to get his vote for the full sale of Telstra.

Told you I could smell a rat.

Tony Abbott, the fact that you are a practicing Catholic has less to do with this than the fact that you are a working Politician.

There is no integrity in being a Politician and with this most recent debacle I've lost the last bit of respect that I had for politics and the puppets who play the game.

8 Comments:

Blogger Candy Froggie said...

Yuss, I heard about it in the news!

I RILLY can understand your point here! Even more when it conerns something like the RU486! Politicians have no idea about what they're doing sometimes..often..most of the time! And our life depends on them. Scary.

I don't know much about the RU486. We use it here. We call it "the pill of the day after" (the day after you conceive the baby, that is). It's been highly criticized for the way it's been used. Like, "I don't care, I'll fuck around and if anything happens, I'll use the RU486"...unbelievable!!!
Besides, I guess through your words (and now I think of it!), that this drug might not be the best thing for the body! I was focusing on its use rather than its physical bad/terrible effects.

Friday, February 10, 2006 4:57:00 AM  
Blogger Candy Froggie said...

oh but pulease, keep voting at the end! Otherwise these fookin politicians will have won twice (with the RU486 and getting rid of a Warrirorian vote!)

Friday, February 10, 2006 5:00:00 AM  
Blogger Mean Maude said...

OH!!!! Politician Politician Politician peskey lil critters alot like rats, why someone has not yet come up with a solution or trap to keep them from distroying our wonderful country is beyond me...

Sorry had to get that out!

I havent read paper nor seen the news in ages I havent heard anything about it but i must admit after learning it here i smell a rat too.

Yes i agree 100% on Medical experts, not Politician's should decide.

Hugs :oD

Friday, February 10, 2006 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger Miz P said...

Politcs used to bore me. Then for a while I took some time trying to understand it and it intrigued me.

Sadly though, the more I learnt the more I come to understand that there is simply too much politics in Politics.

What keeps hitting me in the face is that Politics is not about "the people", it is only ever about the vote and the people are simply the vehicle used to get "the vote".

Sometimes I almost wish that I had stayed naive to it all and just trotted off every four years to vote for whom I thought was the best (wo)man like I had always done.

Now that I know a little more, it bores me again hehehe

Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Monday, December 04, 2006 2:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Monday, December 04, 2006 10:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xanax
phentermine
buy tramadol
big breast
merry christmas
ass parade
naruto xxx
auto insurance
auto insurance
cars insurance
cars insurance
texas car insurance
texas car insurance
car insurance quotes
car insurance quotes
car insurance policy
car insurance policy

Thursday, December 14, 2006 4:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work guys. Good resources here, very useful. Your web site is helpful. I will bookmark!
- www.blogger.com h
samsung ringtone
motorola ringtone
sony ericsson ringtone
nokia ringtone

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 4:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home