Thursday, February 16, 2006

First comes the need - and with it the desire to satiate the need.

Then comes the idea. Then the creation and planning of the "dream". Then....if the want is bad enough...comes the action that will make that dream real.

That's kinda what happened with Gals Talk. The website that Maudie and I are playing around with at the moment. I say "playing" instead of working on because even though alot of blood sweat and tears have gone into it - it's been fun!

Gals Talk started out as a thought that was born in the minds of two gals while sitting around having a coffee one lazy afternoon.

The Need & Desire

Way back when I was going through the stuff of getting back on my feet after GC and I broke up one of my biggest "needs" was to find other woman in the same boat as me. Not so easy. Lots of sites on the net for young gals with broken hearts - virtually none for middle agers like myself. When I found findsomeone.com I was over the moon because there were heaps of gals just like me!! The only problem was, while the Womans Only message board there was good - the fellas could still sneak in if they were devious enough and read what we were talking about....so it really wasn't somewhere where girlies could talk freely.

I still didn't really have what I was looking for.

The Idea (Dream)

To create a place on the net for women (all kinds of women!) where we can hang out and share stuff with eachother. Somewhere we girls can get together to celebrate all those things in life that make us women - without having to worry too much if there were fellas hanging around.

The Creation

Two minds coming together. Once I mentioned to Maudie what I had in mind "it" took on a life of it's own! She jumped straight in and kept saying "We can do this....we gotta do this!!". We claimed it as our own (to the *Universe*) and the excitement grew and the ideas started flowing from out of nowhere!! Gals Talk was born. One hot summer's afternoon, sitting on the grass in the cool shade at Maudie's house.

I look forward to the day that we (the two Mummy's) become almost unneeded there. It will mean Gals Talk has grown up and is doing the jobbie we wanted it to. Waaaaa-blooody-hooo!!

I'm excited!!

So if you're a girl/woman/have the right bumps in the right places....and you happen to be reading this....what are you waiting for??? Get your arse over there and come shake your wobbly bits with us! We're a friendly bunch and simply lurrrrve having new friends to play with!

2 Comments:

Blogger Candy Froggie said...

weeehooooo!!!

I can't believe you both made that dream real! very very KEWL!!!!

And it's just BRILLIANT... I could spend hours on it, and easy to use too!

I bet the japanese friend I've met lately would love it (even if she does not know she would yet ;-)
Would you jump into her blog sometimes to make a first contact!?
hehe, it's just that... I type with one hand right now and have no time grrmmpphhh
Ok, if you have a minute, her URL is http://fullofroses.blogspot.com/

well done, girlzzzzz! I'm so happy to be on board! yeahhhhhhh!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:13:00 PM  
Blogger Candy Froggie said...

cough cough

just realized you might have way less time than I!!!

And as I declare meself as Gals Talk's fan number 1, I'm on my way to write a lil bloggie about it (so that everybody, Hiro included, hear about it!)

Friday, February 17, 2006 6:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home