Monday, January 02, 2006

Like a midget in a urinal, I can see I'm going to have to stay on my toes!

....because 2006 is here and I wasn't quite finished with 2005. I still have stuff up in the air and I hate that! Never mind....

One of the things that GC introduced me to in our time together was the "Life Wheel" concept....brilliant, brilliant way to keep a track of how things are going in life - a system I'm grateful to have been introduced to.

You draw a pie chart thingo and give each piece of the pie (cog of the wheel) a heading that relates to different areas of your life.

You can have as many sections as you need, mine has eight.

Self-Spiritual.
Health - Body - Mind.
Primary Relationship.
Family & Friends.
Work & Career.
Money - Financial.
Home & Surroundings.
Fun & Recreation.

The idea is (or the one I use...dunno if it's the exact way things should be done) at the begining of the year you write a little Mission Statement of where you want to be and how you want your life looking by the year's end. Then on pieces of paper, write the headings (one for each piece of paper) of your wheel. Under each heading you write down the things you need to do that will play a part in helping you fulfill your Mission Statement. These are the things that will keep your Wheel balanced and able to turn.

Each week (Sunday is a good time) you put aside some time to look at how you are doing with any goals you have set yourself and whether your Wheel is balanced and you make adjustments where needed. I love this system because it keeps me aware of exactly what's happening in my life. I can see at a glance if I need to put more time or effort into any area.

Eventhough it takes a bit of effort setting it up and then keeping the whole thing rolling for the year....it actually simplifies life. Admittedly, I haven't quite become a slave to the system - I have times where I can't be bothered with it all but that never lasts too long and I get back into the swing of it.

Strangly enough, it takes a lot of work to make life simple. But the work you put into it is rewarded by making the maintenence of a "Simple Life" easier. If that makes any kind of sense.

Through all my soul searching this year I discovered that I've been living in a kind of self imposed limbo for a long time. Probably since I left my marriage. Then when my Mother's health deteriorated to the point where I chose to be here for her - I completely locked myself into "The Meantime". There was just no other way I could do what I had to do and want to be/have anything else in life.

After her death I'd made several attempts to get back into the swing of life and I pretty much fooled myself and everyone else that it was working. I had the desire, fuelled by the passion for wanting more in life but I can see now (gotta love retrospect!) that it was never going to work because I hadn't unlocked/separated myself from the Meantime.

When my own health began to deteriorate quite rapidly this year, I decided to look into the spiritual side of illness - simply because the scientific & medical side could give me no answers.

And voila....like magic....my answers were there in my Chakras! In gaining the understanding of why my health is the way it is, I also found the "key" to unlock myself from it. The key is/was, that I have to choose Life. Too easy.

Within days of becoming aware of this I was given the opportunity to do just that. I found myself in a medical situation where I had a choice to make and I chose Life. It was one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make - life defining decisions usually are. And it is the one single thing that makes me get up in the mornings determined not to waste a single day of this most precious Life I chose.

So, 2005 is gone - a most challenging year in several areas of my Life Wheel. It has at times been a huge struggle to keep it all rolling along smoothly and I'm not quite sure how I have managed to come out of it feeling content with life. But I have.

I'm tired now though - exhausted actually, and ready to be able to hang up my Warrior boots and not face anymore challenges for awhile. I am more than ready to slip into my pink sparkly Goddess slippers and take on the more gentle side of life.

I'm looking forward to 2006 - it's gonna be biggie....but a goodie....I can feel it in my water. And see it in my wheel of course :-).

8 Comments:

Blogger Mean Maude said...

Thank you for the link. MWA!

Yes and I'm still to get my Life Wheel organised along with the other stuff to organise my life (it's becoming a full-time job) but once done I guess it leaves more time for me.

AND! a huge thanks for a wonderful beginning to 2006

I wish you Health, Happiness, Wealth and so much more.
Happy New Year

Monday, January 02, 2006 8:46:00 AM  
Blogger Miz P said...

Huggggs Maude!! Thank you for your New Year wishes - I'm gonna be doin' my verrrrrry best to make sure I bring all those things into life....and more! :-)*^*^~*^*

The Wheel thingo is really a Life in progress kinda thing and it takes time to get it all moving....and even when you think you have it down pat something can crop up and you have to revise it all over again. But that's cool - the imporrrrdant (and most difficult) thing is you've started. It's not just an "I want" thing anymore - it's already happening!!!

Go you good thing you!! hehehe

Monday, January 02, 2006 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

I take my hat off (and anything else you want me to take off) to you girl! Great piece of brave writing.

Monday, January 02, 2006 9:28:00 PM  
Blogger Miz P said...

Thank you Jack - I appreciate that you noticed :-)

Now on to the "taking anything else off" thing - you gotta stop teasing me like that....I'm single now remember, it's been way too long since I've had that kind of offer! It gets me all hot and sweaty and my fingers keep slipping off the keyboard!! ;-Þ hehehe

Monday, January 02, 2006 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Tease? moi? Anyway, you only need to worry if you start slipping off your stool ...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger Candy Froggie said...

Men can be very inspired sometimes (I mean GC and the Life Wheel concept"!)... i will take more time to think about it for meself.

And i'm amazed to see how well you manage to hmm "analyse" (i don't like the word) yourself and find answers... that makes me think i do not sit down and relax enough. i'm being a slave to the bloody Time!

Anyway, I wish you a much *lighter* year, Sista! 2005 was stressing enough , time to relax now :)**~~*^* * *

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:48:00 PM  
Blogger Miz P said...

I can't believe I used the word "content" in the same sentence that I was talking about my life!! Remember how we used to spit on that word??? ;-) hehe

I must be mellowing as I grow older (Brian was bloody right! I hate that hehe).

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Candy Froggie said...

LOL no no Brian was wrong, trust me!!!! hehe

(LOL about your bloggie's title here! I've just noticed it really!)

Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home