Friday, January 06, 2006

If everything had a point, there'd be no place to sit.

There is no point that I'm trying to make with this post. No indepth peek-a-boo into my psyche. No extraordinary happenings to report. No nothing.

Just an opportunity to sit quietly for a moment, grab my breath (and my sanity) before tackling the next item on the list.

Oh, hang on. Did I say nothing out of the ordinary to report??

Last night on my way to pick Midget up from work, I almost got wiped out by another car at a round-a-bout. I saw the headlights coming from my right (fast) and didn't really have time to wonder if it was going to slow down - I just kinda hit the breaks and pulled the van over to the left of the road as best I could.

It kinda rattled me but after a bit of mumbling to myself about "bloody young hooons" I was back on the road!

1km down the road.... and another set of headlights is heading toward me (way way fast)....this one had 5 police cars in tow. Again....pull over, to let the flurry past, a little shakily this time. By now, I was starting to get a tad concerned because they were all coming from the direction of where Midget was working!

200mts from Midget's work....and all looks good. No more speeding cars. No more flashing lights. Phew!

Until I turn the last corner....and there in front of me is a sea of red and blue flashing lights - right out front of where my baby works!!

I have never felt the blood rush from my body so quickly. Any parent could imagine what track my mind was heading down. Speeding cars & what seemed to be every police vehicle in Brisbane either in pursuit or in front of me.

As it turned out, the police ahead of me (6 cars) were simply stuck behind local traffic and not gathered "in front" of the complex where Midget was working. As soon as the bottleneck was cleared they zooooomed past me to catch up to the others. Yet another pull over to the left (up over the gutter and on to the footpath this time).....all done with much wobblier legs than the other two times!

As far as "out of the ordinary" things go - I don't ever want to experience that kind of feeling again. Finding myself confronted with a lunatic driver or in the middle of a police pursuit is fine, I just click into "logic" mode and do what I gotta do. Thinking that one of my babes might be in danger (or worse!)....is another story all together. Once I parked the car - I burst into tears. Funny thing emotions.

Anyhoo....I've since found out this morning that the "offenders" were being chased by the police because they were wanted for "questioning" regarding a local murder. Creepy stuff!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mean Maude said...

eeekkky poo you poor thing :o( I hope the police got them.

hmmmm running from the police I guess they knew something.

Hugs :oD~~~~

Friday, January 06, 2006 3:07:00 PM  
Blogger Candy Froggie said...

eeeeck!!!!

Somehow that makes me think of usual traffic within Paris (and some still wonder why I don't drive around here!)

Friday, January 06, 2006 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Spooky stuff ... Usually when I hear Police sirens, I wonder what I've just done wrong.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:42:00 PM  
Blogger Candy Froggie said...

cough cough: hulllllllo sista! Wanna share a cupotea wiff me? I've turned almost addicted to catweewee, that's scary!

Anyway, lol, I was just passing around! Mwaaaa***~~*^* *

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:58:00 AM  
Blogger Miz P said...

Mwaaaaa,hugggggs & sunny bananas - thank ewes for popping in and leaving me little messages!

I've had a bit of an impromptu trip away (kinda got kidnapped by my bro and his wife - we drove up to "the land" to visit my sis & her hubby)....I love the sponteniety of life! :-))

I was gonna write a long witty post about it before I left but unfortunately I ran outta time *sigh*.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home