Thursday, December 08, 2005

The strange thing about being organised is....

....nothing will actually come to fruition unless you do the things you have written down to do on the kazillion's of lists you have. I sometimes forget that. I spend hours putting a plan together (brilliant plans I might add here) then put them aside to "be dealt with later" and then forget about checking in with it all.

Last night I went through the Christmas preparation lists - pen in hand, ready to give big ticks to everything I had done so far. It was a little bit disappointing.....there were only five ticks out of a possible 25 000 (have I mentioned that I am very good at making up very detailed lists??).

So, with the thought in mind that there are only 17 days left until the big-hairy dude arrives (eeeek!) and only 7 days for me to finish everything I had planned to do, I decided that now might be a good time to start.....you know, doing something!

Tidbits:

Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire - Brilliant! Loved it. Will say more when everyone has seen it. Well, not everyone....just everyone I know who is going to see it.

The heat - aside from making me want to come in here and complain endlessly about it, it also makes me not want to eat, so I'm in constant argument with myself. I'm 1kg away from the goal weight I set for myself....once I can put that on, I can get my tattoo!!

Midget - is getting heaps better behind the wheel....we're tackling real streets now, with real other cars & real people & and real heart attacks for the Mummy.

HappyMac - has a week holiday and has gone to visit his Grandmother for a few days.

My childrens father - has absolutely no misconceptions on my views of his fathering techniques. Not after our last phone conversation at least. His humbleness almost moved me enough to apologise for what I said - it wasn't enough though, so I apologised for the tone in which I spoke to him instead.

Madame Slash - just home from the hairdressers with my hair almost as short as I like it and much blonder than I usually have it. I decided to wait until she had put the razor away before mentioning that Midget wants to go back to being blonde again. This was the right decision. She's not called Madame Slash for nothing.

John Lennon, in memory - 25 years. Wow, it doesn't seem that long. I wonder if he would still be singing if he was alive today.

Special Ed Unit Christmas party - was a great night! After gorging our faces on way too much food, which I was told is mandatory for such nights, it was upstairs to take over the dance floor and bop the rest of the night away. I haven't danced so much in a loooooong time - my poor little feet and legs still haven't recovered. The highlight of the night was definately attempting to jive with a 6ft (something) gentle giant named John. I have no idea who he was, I think he is a teacher from the mainstream part of the school. Anyhow, in those moments where I couldn't keep up and my feet were threatening to become entangled around themselves, he would simply pick me up and swing me around like I was a doll. It was a looootttta fun.....and I didn't wipe out one single person with my flailing legs!

Internet Dating - I can't decide whether to remove my profiles or not. It seems like a bit of a waste of time leaving them there if I'm not gonna use them...and it's clogging my in-box up! But then I think....well...what's the rush, the next message I recieve might just be the one that will have me wanting to play Russian Roulette again . I hate when I can't make up my mind about something.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

I see gouche and paint brushes. Are those yours? And if so, what sorts of painting do you partake in, if you dont mind my asking?

Friday, December 09, 2005 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Miz P said...

Yup, they're mine. I'm up to my elbows in painting the details on porcelain angels for Chrissy presents at the moment.

I used to play around with a bit of tole painting (American, Bavarian and country/primitave) as a hobby but haven't done much for ages. Something I plan on getting back into next year.

Friday, December 09, 2005 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Candy Froggie said...

what a guuuuuud picture you give us of what's happening there with your tidbits!!! I luuuve the idea (that I keep for myself for later :P)

For HP, now I can't even less wait to go and watch it! We'll do it in hamburg! yeeepeeeeeeeeee!!!
+ cinema for ourself...=freedom! hehe

Be quick with your kg!!! we'll have something to celebrate and we might also make of that celebration a new tattoo too! hehehe

LOL about Mme Slash! hehehe

and about internet dating...hmm hmm...I've no idea either but you can always let your profile for a lil while, till you know what you want...
you never know... maybe Johny Depp's divorcing from vanessa and looking right now for his aussie princess on the internet! hehehe (waving at my inner child)

Friday, December 09, 2005 6:14:00 PM  
Blogger Miz P said...

I'm trying to be quick with my weight but this darn weather isn't helping!hehe

Johnny Depp divorcing and looking for an aussie gal??? ohhh how you tease & taunt me Sista!! lol

I've actually joined an Internet Dating site - just now! Like...a paid one!!! No I didn't find JD lurking there, I found something totally different. I'll write a post about it over the weekend ;-Þ

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Candy Froggie said...

woaaaaaa do I need to say I'm RILLY curious now? :P

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:38:00 PM  
Blogger Miz P said...

LOL....nahhh...no need to say it (I already know it ;-Þ heheh).

I promise I won't take too long to write about it - I'm in the midst of ripping out livers...errrm...fixing up my Hosting. If these people play nice I might even get to time to do it tonight.

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...


dating site <<< Meet Thousands Of Singles In Your Area >>>

Hundreds Of Happy People Across The Globe Have Been Successful In Finding Suitable Partners With Online dating. Thousand Of People Are Looking For A Date Today. They Are Looking For Someone. Are You One Of Them?

Lonely? Single? Married?
Are you looking for someone to FLIRT?
Looking for someone to DATE?
Find your special someone.
Date man or women you desire!

Multilingual : English - Chinese Simplified - Chinese Traditional - Dutch - French - German - Greek - Italian - Japanese - Korean - Portuguese - Russian - Spanish

Free Trial! Chat Real Time with Audio & Video Capabilities. dating site

Friday, December 30, 2005 6:08:00 PM  
Anonymous mr date said...

Hi love your blog. I came across it while looking for online dating for men. I know its not an exact match but thanks for the read. I'll get on with my search for online dating for men stuff and visit again sometime. take care.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 1:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home