Friday, December 30, 2005

Is it hot in here or is it just me?

Ohhh. It's hot in here? Phewww....thank-God for that, for a scary moment there I thought maybe.....

So anyway, heat and sweaty bits aside....I'm really glad to be home, eventhough it was difficult to leave the Sunshine Coast! A great time was had by all, celebrating Christmas at Anthony's. Everyone had their happy-hats on and being right on the water with it's cool sea breeze and a pool to laze around in was definately the best place to be in this sweltering heat. I'd post the amazing pictures I took - if I had any! Ummmm.......I forgot to write new batteries for my camera on my never ending list of "had to do's". Buggar!

We didn't do the traditional family lunch/dinner thing - it's way to hot to be eating big meals at this time of year, so we had a brunch feast by the pool instead. It was fabulous!! Then the rest of the day was spent nibbling on cold meats, salads and home cooked goodies at will. It's the first Christmas where I didn't feel like a stuffed pig at the end of the day.

Because seriously, as I explained to the fam before introducing them to the new tradition of eating big early, Christmas is not really about the food. It's about the presents that Santa leaves!!! Bring it on!!!

Ohhhhh.....okayyyyy....as much as it pains me to say it, it's not really about the presents that the big-fat-hairy dude leaves either. It's about being in the presence of people you love. And we all agreed that we had that....so a huge tick for us in understanding and celebrating the meaning of what it's all about.

The Daddio, Midget and me decided to stay on an extra two days after the other's had left. There was nothing pressing to rush home for and the thought of spending a couple of peaceful days relaxing in the loveliness (read: cooolness) was simply too tempating. It wasn't until the house was quiet and the crowd had left that I realised just how tired I was and how much I needed that extra time to unwind. "Throwing" together a family Christmas can be really quite exhausting!

I've somehow managed to do the impossible for this time of year - I've lost another one and a half kilos! I knew that I wouldn't put any weight on because I simply can't eat enough in this heat to put weight on...but I didn't think I would lose weight. Dangnabbit! I can see that summer is going to be the worst time of the year for me and this stooopid dis-ease. And it's made the goal of my tattoo just that little bit further away [sigh].

I had four hypos in the first two days of being away, which was more than a little frustrating (actually - it was bloody annoying!). It was no fun not being able to drive or having to sit on the sidelines while all the "kool-kids" had fun frollicking in the pool and surf while I stayed "safe". So I made an executive decision and decided to keep my BGL's a little higher than normal - which is why I lost the weight I guess. When blood glucose levels are over 10mmols the body doesn't absorb as much of the goodness from the food....which was probably part of the reason I was feeling so tired as well.

For me, it was more than worth it though. It was the first Christmas in several years that I've spent with my babes.....I wasn't going miss out on enjoying the moments. And.....I got great tan as well!! Weeeehoooooooo!!

Speaking of great tans.....time for me to pick Midget up from work then it's off to the local pool to do a few laps and work on bettering ours a little bit more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Candy Froggie said...

heat, sun, tan, pool
--> faint

Your Christmas sounds so exotic, I looove the whole idea of it!

As for the tattoo...we get synchronized on that too: I won't do a new one before losing the extra kilos from my pregnancy (sigh!!!)
I hope though you'll get your tattoo much before I do, it will mean a lot! **~~*^* *^^**

Friday, December 30, 2005 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Great time you had, and you have made us all sick with your fookin sunshine ... grrr. Anyway I WANT some snow ... but I can't even have that, grumble, moan.

Have a superb and happy New Year Penny one.
mwahhhhhh, grope fumble.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 4:19:00 AM  
Blogger Miz P said...

Candles: Synchronized tattoos?? I luve the sound of that!! The rate I'm going it will prolly be a couple of months until I reach my goal....so no pressure on you hehehehe :-)*^*^*^~*

Jack: No snow??? Wow....I thought the whole of the UK was buried feet deep in snow!! Bloody sensationalised news reports!!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 7:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home